5 female celebrities we love on Instagram
Has Hilary Swank given up on acting?
Disneyland Park in California, the United States, has been captured in more than 12 million Instagram posts. In fact, a study from City Base Apartments has found that the American amusement park is the world’s most Instagrammed tourist attraction.
Something about Disney seems to get visitors sharing, particularly on photo- and video-based social network Instagram. No less than four theme parks based on the world of Mickey and friends, in various global locations, feature among the world’s most mentioned tourist attractions on Instagram.
The Cinderella Castle and other sights at the Californian park featured in 12,224,249 posts. Disney World Resort in Florida comes in second place, with 4,703,248 posts. Tokyo Disney Resort (10th) was mentioned in 1,519,337 posts and Disneyland Paris (18th) is the lowest ranking Disney attraction with 1,051,331 posts.
Aside from the magic of Disney, the most Instagrammed attractions reveal a particular taste for the American dream. Central Park, in New York, is the most photographed tourist site on Instagram (3,916,583 posts), for example. In fact, the social network offers a broad overview of the many sights, attractions and monuments awaiting visitors to the US.
Florida’s Universal Studios comes in fifth place (2,623,618 posts), followed by New York’s Times Square, with 2,062,631 posts, in sixth place. The Grand Canyon (1,607,693 posts), Golden Gate Bridge (1,325,078), the Empire State Building (1,312,103) and Brooklyn Bridge (1,263,411) are also flying the flag for the US tourist industry on Instagram.
The rest of the top 20 is largely dominated by Paris and London. The French capital’s Eiffel Tower takes fourth place, snapped in 2,866.957 posts. Other frequently photographed Paris monuments include the Louvre (1,368,782 posts) and Notre-Dame cathedral (1,099,986).
London’s Big Ben is the highest-ranking British site, with 2,028,516 posts, ahead of the London Eye (1,625,084), Hyde Park (1,106,397) and Tower Bridge (1,368,792).
The Vatican also inspires Instagram users, taking 20th place with 942,907 posts.
The world’s 20 most Instagrammed tourist attractions:
1. Disneyland, California, USA
2. Walt Disney World Resort, Orlando, Florida, USA
3. Central Park, New York, USA
4. Eiffel Tower, Paris, France
5. Universal Studios, Florida, USA
6. Times Square, New York, USA
7. Big Ben, London, England
8. London Eye, London, England
9. Grand Canyon, Arizona, USA
10. Tokyo Disney Resort, Tokyo, Japan
11. Louvre, Paris, France
12. Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, USA
13. Empire State Building, Manhattan, New York, USA
14. Brooklyn Bridge, New York, USA
15. Burjkhalifa, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
16. Hyde Park, London, England
17. Notre Dame de Paris, Paris, France
18. Disneyland Paris, Paris, France
19. Tower Bridge, London, England
20. The Vatican – AFP Relaxnews